Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Photos- Alpacas

These are pictures of the Alpacas that live on my farm.
They are all rescued just like the Llamas, and get to go to petting zoos too.

Some people ask my owner what is the difference in Llamas and Alpacas?

Well first off Alpacas are a lot smaller than Llamas, so we have a lot of people think they are baby Llamas! Next, Llamas' and Alpacas' ears are different shapes; we say that the Llamas have banana ears. And last, Llamas are used for: pulling carts, pack animals, and they can be ridden (by small kids), but Alpacas can't do any of that, they are more meant for pets and just used for their fiber. (Llamas are used for their fiber, too).

Enjoy the photos, and soon I will be doing a post on goats:)

Goss the goose



Gospel-Black Alpaca


"Got Milk?"-Light brown Alpaca



















Fudge-Dark brown Alpaca











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered the difference between Llamas & Alpacas,
Thanks and nice pictures!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Now I finally understand the difference between llamas and alpacas! Here's a trick question for you; why does llama have to "L's"? Lol Probably something to do with the origin of the word! I always thought that alpacas were cute; can't wait to see more posts!
Anna Marie

Sarah and Shadow said...

Thanks for clearing that up, I know I just recently asked your owner that same question!

Sarah